Saturday, October 23, 2010

Me, You, Him #1

You have a best friend, opposite gender. He's always there for you since forever. A new guy comes along, you barely know him, yet, you've fallen for him. Basically my life lately. To think of it, my life love story sounds like The Twilight Saga. No, my boyfriend doesn't sparkle in the sunlight and my best friend isn't a wolf. You know, my best friend loves me for a friend and more than that. You know what I mean. It's just so hard. For so long I'm going to have to choose either my best friend, who I've known for so long, and my boyfriend, whom I love. Drama.

It all started during that typical day in school but what made it not so typical was the fact that a new kid was walking around, having a tour with the principal. He was in the 11th grade, I was in the 10th. His name was Raymond. As the school's president, I had to show him around too. Meaning I have to have lunch with him even if he's a year older than me. During lunch, I got to know Raymond. I wasn't attracted...

...yet.


'So, what's your name?' he asked me during lunch time.

'I'm Emily Jean. And you are Raymond?'

'White. Raymond White.'

'Oh, where are you from?'

'Cali,'

'Oh.' We paused for a minute walking to the food bar.

'What's good here?' he asked me.

'Um, on Tuesdays, usually people eat pizza. The casserole is,' I paused. 'You know.'

'Oh,' he chuckled a little.

'But if you don't want Pizza there is a sushi bar there, Chinese food there and a salad bar there.' I pointed at the bars and smiled at him. He smiled back at me. Remember, not falling yet.

'What do you want?' he asked me.

'Does it matter?'

'Pft, I was just asking.' We both laughed together a little. We became silent but continued walking.

'I'm having Chinese. You want?'

'Sure,' he followed me behind. We both ordered noodles and I went to the seat where I usually sit. I saw my friends there and I asked them kindly.

'Hey guys, do you mind?' I secretly pointed to Raymond, 'I have to take care of this,' I mouthed at them.

'Oh, don't worry. We don't.' said Nathan. He happened to be my best friend I've known all my life. He's just like my brother. Nathan made Jeffry and Ching (really named Jimmy but because of Nathan we call him Ching Ching) to move over. They made me and Raymond sit on the edge "alone". I was expecting them to at least try to talk to Raymond. I sat on the edge of the bench and Raymond sat in front of me. Nathan gave a wink at me and showed me his thumb.

'Your hair looks fine!' Whispered Ching. Nathan, Jeffry, Nicole and Gina laughed. I rolled my eyes at them and then I noticed Raymond laughing a little. Then they started to continue they're talk about Cheetos and those kinds of snacks. I bet Ching started it.

'You have cute friends,' Raymond told me splitting the wooden chopsticks.

'I guess,' I gave a laugh and did the same.

'What do you take for electives?'

'I take drama,'

'No sports?'

'Not really that type of person,' I said taking my first bite.

'Oh,' he took his first bite too.

'What about you?'

'I'm not sure. What do they have here? That's good?'

I paused and bit my lip, 'the popular ones are like, football, soccer, basketball, cheer leading, drama, art and choir.'

'I thought the science club counted,'

'Are you kidding me?' I waved my chopstick in the air. I didn't notice him nodding at me, so I continued talking. 'The club is a total fail. Everyone hates the science teacher. There's is only three people that would join it. And they happen to be Mr. Fischer's top students.'

'I thought I nodded at you.'

'Oh! Sorry?' I laughed softly.

'Don't worry. Who are those three students?'

'Two geeks and a teacher's pet. Randal, Declan and Timothy.'

'What grade are they in?'

'Randal and Timothy is my grade and Tim is yours. Why?'

'Nah, just asking.' He looked back at his food and we both continued eating. 'School got a dance team?'

'Yea, but I don't know.'

'Meaning?'

'We barely have time to do dance stuff. Our school is more to the geeks, drama and choir. We usually host the science shows, fairs, musicals, drama, and music competition.' I took a slurp of my noodles, chewed it and continued talking. 'The sports, we are usually like, invited to compete with other schools. But dance, happened two years ago and no more.'

'Do you dance?'

'Me? I guess I do. I used to join the dance team but I fell in love with drama so I stopped. What? Do you?'

'Yeah,'

'Show me,'

'Not now,'

'Fine. After school?'

'No promises.' We both chuckled. I noticed he finished his food. I was almost done and he waited for me.

'Yo Emy, what to do for English?' Nathan tapped my back.

'The Romeo and Juliet thing? Do we have to?'

'You guys gonna kiss or something?' asked Ching with his annoyingness he was born with.

'Shut up Ching,' I slapped his hand.

'Can't we just do the part when Romeo and Juliet...' Nathan gave me a confused look and paused.

'What? Says stuff?' said Gina. 'Jeez haven't you been reading?'

'I've been through a lot okay! My hamster died yesterday and my cousins are staying over my house for a week! I'm so stressed! And the fact that my cousin is only seven years old and he's a complete weirdo, got me extra stress!' Nathan's face looked completely pale after he said that.

'Don't worry, you'll survive.' said Ching Ching rapping his arms around Nathan's head like what a mother would do to her son.

'Can you help me baby sit this Wednesday? I'll take you out for Starbucks afterwards! Please!' Nathan kneeled and begged me.

'Fine, I'll see if I have nothing on my schedule. Can I bring my little sister?'

'Jennifer?! NO!'

'Then I think I can't. Mom and dad--'

'Fine fine fine! As long as she doesn't mess up my room and read through my text messages with Nora.' Nathan said that out loud and everyone bursted in laughter.

'Okay,'

'We're gonna have to catch class early today. Me, Gee and Jeffry has some physics to catch up. Smell you later loves,' said Nicole. She, Gina and Jeffry waved at me, Ching and Nathan.

'Ching and I has math. Bye,' Nathan and Ching waved shortly and left.

'What do you have?' asked Raymond.

'I have science. And you?'

'Hey, can you show me where the Physical Education room is?'

'You mean the gym?'

'Yeah,'

'Sure. Come with me,' I said. He followed me from behind. I'm starting to think he was a kid that went to a rich kid school back in Cali. I mean, "Physical Education Room", posh for a school like this. When we got there, 'here it is,' I pointed to the door. I'm going to science now. If you still want me to show you around, we'll do it tomorrow during lunch again.'

'Sounds cool, okay.'

'Um, bye.' I said waving at him. He waved back and I walked away. No feelings. No feelings. Yet. You don't know how he told me he loved me. Yet. ;]


===TO BE CONTINUED===

No comments:

Post a Comment